Friday, September 26, 2008

Life Outside of Traveling...yes, it exists

So here's just a general update about what's going on in my life outside of traveling all the time!

Work: I'm still working in the IT Department full-time. Soon (maybe 2 weeks...the date keeps getting pushed back and details keep changing) I will be working part-time in IT, part-time in the Human Resources Office. I'm excited for this change! I could use a change of pace at work and think the two jobs will complement each other very well! Here are a few pictures of me at work that Mom took while she was visiting.

Me in my uniform with my work car!

My desk at work

Me in the server room! (Courtney took this one for the employee appreciation party slideshow)

Roommate: Terri and I have been the best roommates I could have ever asked for! We're still thoroughly enjoying each other's company. We enjoy catching the 7:00pm AFN (Armed Forces Network) movie, reading books, watching Army Wives, cooking dinner (especially chicken tacos), going out for Indian food, and staying up late talking about random things when we can't sleep! Somehow we haven't really gone on a trip together since I got here but we are going to Sweden for Thanksgiving! We're getting ready to move furniture around again so I'll post some pictures after the move...we're always getting new furniture and new ideas for our room layout - I like the change - each time it seems to get better! :)

Me: So I think the biggest thing going on with me right now is the annoying fact that I've had an eye infection since Courtney and I went to Croatia 4th of July weekend. I've been wearing my glasses since then (occasionally wearing my contacts when I travel or go out at night) but I'm still having some problems seeing 100%. I finally went to a real eye doctor (not the general doctor in Mittenwald) and she said the eye infection is now gone but my eyes are really dry...although I don't think the eye drops she gave me are helping to hydrate my eyes...So that's why you'll see several pictures with me wearing my glasses - no, they're not new - I've had bad eyes since forever!

Weather: It's winter here!! OK not really but close enough! It got cold here super fast! One day it was cold and rainy and the sun never came back after that! The days are usually in the high 50's, low 60's and the nights are in the 40's. Time for hot chocolate and the heater! Snow enthusiasts have started traveling to nearby towns to ski/snowboard! and there's definitely snow on the Zugspitze (the tallest mountain in Germany and consequently, the mountain that overlooks Garmisch!). I'm not ok with this! Where was fall?!

No comments: