Monday, November 10, 2008

Bamberg

November 7-9, 2008 Bamberg, aka beer/wine heaven, was a great trip. We stayed in two different guest houses in Memmelsodorf, a small town about 3km outside of Bamberg. Almost all of the guest houses in the area are also breweries, so at the end of the day instead of wandering the streets, trying to find something to do, you can just go downstairs to your guest houses' restaurant/brewery. Beer isn't really my thing but I tried one beer sampler and one other local beer while we were in Bamberg. They all tasted like bacon to me and were heavy/darker beers...not my thing. I personally enjoyed the wines. Bamberg is located in the Franconian region, known for their Riesling wine. Bamberg itself is a cute little town situated on the water, the Regnitz river and is small enough to be explored in one day. We went to two different breweries in downtown Bamberg, four breweries in total for the weekend. Unfortunately, while in Bamberg my camera decided to break so I don't have too many pictures to call my own from Bamberg but I did get pictures from one of my travel mates.

Beer Sampler...a little blurry, right before my camera died...

Church by our guest houses in Memmelsdorf - still on my camera...

Crepes! (Matt's camera)

Look at that big leaf! (thanks to Matt)

My new ride! (also thanks to Matt)

1 comment:

Trystan said...

:-D bamberg!! i can't wait to go. you can tell me all the hot places to visit. miss you!!! aoe