Sunday, January 10, 2010

Brunch and Grandma's Cafe

January 10, 2010 Today I got to hang out with some really great people that I don't get to see too often or hang out with too often. Natalie and Martin came into town and we went to Mukkefuck for brunch. Everyone always raves about the potato pancakes from here that you can only get til 1300, so I felt as though I had to try the "Rosti" with bacon, tomatoes, and corn. It was ok....it was a little greasy and the toppings were not as complementary as the apple sauce you usually find paired with the potato pancakes. but! it came with a wonderful, delicious side salad and I looove Mukkefuck's house salad dressing....and the side salad was big enough to be an entree by itself! Bonnie and I also shared their potato soup, which was ok but not as good as Zum Wild's potato soup! After lunch, Natalie, Martin, Andrea, Sarah, and I walked through the Marienplatz to go to Aran for a coffee/chai tea, however they were closed....gotta love Sundays in Europe. So we went to "Grandma's Cafe" also called the Konditorei. It's great - I've always walked past here and wanted to go in, so finally I can check this off my list of things to do before I leave. We all ordered a piece of cake...I got the "Tag und Nacht torte" which was a delicious chocolate layered cake with rum flavored layers in between the chocolate cake! mmmm delicious! To drink they had all sorts of flavored shots you could order with your latte macchiato or cappuccino so I ordered my favorite flavor, coconut latte macchiato - it was absolutely delicious! I've never seen that before but I guess it makes sense...caramel latte macchiato. Well, here's a few pictures from the day - to include my wonderful thank you gift from Natalie and Martin....not only is the box totally precious but the chocolates look amazing!!! and they're from Dallmayr, the oldest chocolatiere/coffee store in Munich!

Natalie, Sarah, Me, and Andrea at Konditorei Cafe

The amazing chocolates from Natalie and Martin

The cute box the chocolates came in

The cute card from Natalie and Martin

No comments: