Monday, January 31, 2011

AUW Symposium

Here are a few pictures from the AUW symposium, "Imagining Another Future for Asia: Ideas and Pathways for Change" held in Dhaka January 19-22, 2011.

There were beautiful posters of our students and inspirational quotes all around the venue!

 Ngoc, one of my Vietnamese students from white group (my 2nd class last semester), and I at the conference.

Tien, one of my Vietnamese students from orange group (my 1st group of students last semester), and I at the conference. 

 Michelle, Karin, and I all dressed up for the first day of the conference -- Cherie Blair (AUW Chancellor) and Sheikh Hasina (Bangladesh's Prime Minister) both gave remarks to open the symposium. When the day had finished we all bused to the Parliament building where we were received for a lovely dinner reception and guided tour of the parliament building. Due to high security throughout the day (meaning no handbags, cameras, cellphones, etc. allowed), I only have a few pictures of us in our saris at the end of the day in our hotel.

My new sari from India :)

No comments: