Friday, February 4, 2011

Lunar New Year Celebrations!

Our students, a few teachers, and OSA have organized several activities to celebrate the Lunar New Year! To kick things off we had an exciting game night with Chinese candies and calendars as prizes!


Chopstick Races

 Tricky Riddles

Le, one of my Vietnamese students, was so mad that I was able to do this twice (with the easy and the more difficult chopsticks) and she couldn't do it once!

 Hakima, one of my Afghan students, trying really hard to pick up the pingpong ball - she eventually got it!!

 Thuy, Xian, and Oanh -- past and present students

 Vietnamese Bingo!! AWESOME! I can't even tell you how much we laughed and how much fun this was!

 
Xiang Ba, another one of my students this semester at the Calligraphy table -- writing symbols that are beyond my abilities!

No comments: