Tuesday, January 15, 2008

German Printer

Hey everyone!! Things are absolutely great here in Germany!! My job is going pretty well - I'm working in the IT department and today I managed to install a printer/scan/fax/copy machine in German by myself!! This included manually configuring the IP address and many other settings in German! One of my coworkers, Scott, and I looked at some of the German words and settings on the machine yesterday and then I worked from memory today by myself. It's a different experience than I had planned on - I was expecting to work 20 hours/week and be broke but also have lots of time to travel. Instead I am working 40 hours/week Monday - Friday and my pay includes an adjustment for COLA (Cost of Living Allowance). I think it'll work out because most full-time employees have a little more money so they just fly around Europe instead of taking the train, which allows for more time to spend at your final destination. The two guys I work with, Tyler and Scott, are great which also makes the day go by faster and they've been great about teaching me the ropes!

I went exploring this past weekend. On Saturday my roommate and I walked to the next town over, Partenkirchen, and did some shopping at the Euro store and just walked around for most of the day. Then, on Sunday, I hiked up the mountain behind our employee lodging - saw a war memorial, drank some gluehwein (warm, spiced wine), and saw great view of Garmisch!! I have lots of pictures so I'll post a few of my favs on here.

Take Care!! Hope everyone is doing well! :)


The beginning of the path! It was very icy in many spots!

War Memorial mid hike

Gorgeous View of Garmisch from up above

Gorgeous View along my hike!

Cute old couple walking along the path

Restaurant towards the end of my hike where I drank gluehwein

No comments: