Friday, February 6, 2009

Regensburg

January 31, 2009 Sometimes you just need to get out of Garmisch and breathe...that's how I was feeling this day. As soon as I got out of Garmisch the clouds cleared, the sun started shining and I could finally breathe! Sometimes you just feel so suffocated and sheltered in Garmisch because we're literally living in our own, secluded world...surrounded by the mountains, which don't get me wrong, are beautiful! but sometimes you just need to escape! So, Regensburg was my safe haven. I sent my mom and her friend there this summer not having ever visited the town but knowing it is a popular city in Germany, so I felt as though I should check this city out before I recommend it to anyone else. It was definitely worth the trip - beautiful buildings and the gorgeous Gothic Dom, which dominated the city. There were also numerous rock/mineral stores with cheap jewelry, at which I couldn't resist making a purchase or two! more pictures






No comments: