Monday, May 11, 2009

Slovenia

April 24-26, 2009 Bled, Slovenia for my birthday. To celebrate my birthday Courtney drove us to Lake Bled, Slovenia. We arrived Friday night and stayed through Sunday morning at which point we drove to Ljubljana, the capital of Slovenia, and then home. It was a very beautiful and relaxing birthday trip. Some highlights included walking around the lake, bottling my own wine, using a saber, yes a saber, to open a bottle of champagne, and shopping at the market and eating by the water in Ljubljana.


Lake Bled


Using a saber to open a bottle of champagne..."so all I have to do is slide the saber along the neck of the bottle?" ...Courtney is not buying it and I'd be scared if I were her too!

POP! screams ahhh

enjoying some of the best red, semi-dry, champagne I've ever drank...10:30am is never too early to start drinking!

The island from the pathway going around the lake

Courtney rowed us to the island

Me having a photo shoot while Courtney rowed

No comments: