Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Romania!!

November 14-16, 2009 With the flexibility of my job I was able to celebrate Veteran's Day on Monday and create a 3 day travel weekend. My time was spent in Romania - a beautiful country! I spent 2 days in Bucharest with a day in between in Transylvania. Through my hostel I was able to take a day tour to Peles Castle, "Dracula's Castle" also known as Bran Castle, and a traditional Transylvanian town, Brasov. It would have been impossible to connect these three locations in one day via the train so I was very lucky that I had read about this excursion on the hostel's website. Below are a few of my favorite pictures from my trip....enjoy.

Palace of Parliament....the world's second largest building by surface area (after the US Pentagon)

Streets of Bucharest

Bank in downtown Bucharest

Peles Castle

Brasov, Transylvania

Brasov, Transylvania

Hay Stacks, my favorite!!! at the Village Museum in Bucharest

one of the many houses at the Village Museum depicting the various lifestyles of Romanians

Leaves...women were raking leaves throughout the park and the Village Museum and gathering them in baskets or bags

Unirii Square, Buchrest

No comments: