Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Wilson goes to New Zealand

For the second year in a row I am proud to report that the Human Resources' pumpkin has won! Last year we won "Most Creative" and this year we won 2nd place...Custodial won a well deserved first place. The inspiration behind this year's pumpkin design is thanks to Accounting. I saw their pumpkin before we had even thought about a design and it was very creative. Going off of last year's set up I thought, ok, they have a creative pumpkin we'll go for first place in the scary category hence the scary aztec/maori chimpanzee. After it got dark outside we had a red glow stick inside!! very creepy! The name "Wilson goes to New Zealand" came from a comment someone made saying our pumpkin looked like Wilson from Castaway....add the Maori designs and you have "Wilson goes to New Zealand." I'm glad we carved a pumpkin this year because I discovered it can be fun and easy when you have the right tools. Not only did someone else gut the pumpkin this year but we had real pumpkin carving tools instead of kitchen knives. This year was also a lot warmer outside -- last year my hands were numb by the time I had finished gutting the pumpkin but this year we were outside with just long sleeve tops on.

The 2009 Edelweiss Lodge and Resort 2nd place pumpkin

The pumpkin and I

Last year's pumpkin, "The House of HRO," Most Creative Pumpkin
*photo courtesy of my dear friend Courtney*

1 comment:

Courtney said...

AH!! My photo of your pumpkin :) Love your new pumpkin from this year!!!